Here’s an email I received as an android developer concerning upcoming changes to the market.
Just figured non devs would want to know as well.
Over the next several days, we’ll be updating Android Market on devices running Android 1.6 or higher. We’re writing to alert you to several changes being introduced with the update that may affect your applications:
* The details page for every app will now utilize and display the app’s “Promotional Graphic” assets at the top. If you haven’t done so already, we recommend uploading “Promotional Graphic” assets for your apps as soon as possible.
* Users will be able to filter applications by content rating. If you haven’t added a content rating for your published apps, you should do so immediately at the Publisher site by December 15 — applications or games without a rating will be treated as “Mature”.
* We will be reducing the purchase refund window to 15 minutes.
* We will be increasing the maximum size for .apk files to 50MB, from the current 25MB.
* Market will support filtering based on screen sizes and densities, as well as on GL texture compression formats. Filtering is based on
* If your app includes wallpapers or widgets, Market will automatically add them to new “dynamic” categories, based on their manifest files.
Thanks, and we look forward to continuing to work with you on Android Market.
The Android Market Team
©2010 Google Inc
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Email preferences: You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you about important changes to your Android Market account.